Chris Rusbuldt, CFA
Client Portfolio Manager
Christopher Rusbuldt is a Client Portfolio Strategist in Signature’s Richmond office. Chris focuses on developing wealth management strategies for the firm’s family office clients, as well as creating and interpreting portfolio composition and investment strategies. His extensive investment experience provides a unique combination of portfolio expertise and client management skills.
Chris began his financial services career in 1989. His industry experience includes roles in banking, equity research, asset management, and institutional equity sales at Bank of America, Wheat First Butcher Singer, BB&T Capital Markets, and Davenport & Co. Most recently, Chris was head of the institutional sales unit of Davenport where he also served on the Board of Directors as well as on the firm’s equity research committee.
A tireless volunteer, Chris devotes much of his free time to serving the youth of Virginia via his roles as Director of Amped Lax and Program Director of Geronimo Lacrosse. He also serves on the Board of Lacrosse the Nations, an international non-profit. One of his recent endeavors is the development of an introductory lacrosse program for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond. Chris also serves on the Investment Committee of the Collegiate School, the Board of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, and the Endowment Board of St. Paul’s Church.
Chris graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in History in 1988. He has been a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) since 1995.
- 25+ years of financial service experience, including at Bank of America, Wheat First Butcher Singer, and BB&T Capital Markets
- Leading the institutional sales unit and equity research committee of Davenport & Co., where he also served on the Board of Directors
Education & accreditations
- A. in History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Program Director, Geronimo Lacrosse in Richmond, VA
- Richmond Chapter Board Member, US Lacrosse
- Director, Amped Lax (a high school select lacrosse program in Richmond, VA)
- Board of Directors Member, Lacrosse the Nations (a national non-profit that provides outreach to underprivileged youth in Central America)
- Board of Trustees Member, Virginia Aquarium
- Investment Committee Member, Collegiate School in Richmond, VA
- Finance Advisory Council Member, Virginia Commonwealth University Business School
- Endowment Board Member, St. Paul’s Church