Chris Rusbuldt, CFA
Client Portfolio Strategist
Christopher Rusbuldt is a Client Portfolio Strategist in Signature’s Richmond office. Chris focuses on developing wealth management strategies for the firm’s family office clients, as well as creating and interpreting portfolio composition and investment strategies. His extensive investment experience provides a unique combination of portfolio expertise and client management skills.
Chris began his financial services career in 1989. His industry experience includes roles in banking, equity research, asset management, and institutional equity sales at Bank of America, Wheat First Butcher Singer, BB&T Capital Markets, and Davenport & Co. Most recently, Chris was head of the institutional sales unit of Davenport where he also served on the Board of Directors as well as on the firm’s equity research committee.
A tireless volunteer, Chris devotes much of his free time to serving the youth of Virginia via his roles as Director of Amped Lax and Program Director of Geronimo Lacrosse. He also serves on the Board of Lacrosse the Nations, an international non-profit. One of his recent endeavors is the development of an introductory lacrosse program for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond. Chris also serves on the Investment Committee of the Collegiate School, the Board of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, and the Endowment Board of St. Paul’s Church.
Chris graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in History in 1988. He has been a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) since 1995.
What do you do at Signature?
I work directly with families to ensure that their investment portfolios are designed and built to help them achieve both their short- and long-term goals.
What qualities make you best suited to do what you do?
I have served in a range of investment and finance capacities for 28 years. My experiences have led me to understand that listening is much more important than talking. My greatest professional satisfaction comes from making our clients happy with what we do for them.
What do you love about wealth management?
I enjoy working with the types of client families we have at Signature: ones who are trusting, humble, generous, intelligent and community-focused.
What is your favorite thing about working at Signature?
Having worked for three national and/or super-regional banks, I can tell you that the level of independence, entrepreneurial spirit, and motivation of working at an employee-owned firm like Signature makes being here so much fun.
What do you wish more people understood about their wealth?
Most people wonder what true peace of mind is. I wish they knew that one of our primary objectives is helping them define true peace of mind for themselves…then getting them there.
What professional accomplishments are you most proud of?
Honestly, I’m most proud of being able to serve as a mentor and coach to lots of younger folks who have come to me for direction and advice. I truly value the relationships and friendships I’ve built with a younger generation of people.
What personal accomplishments are you most proud of?
My immediate family. I’ve been blessed to be married to my incredible wife and I couldn’t be prouder of the young men that our two sons have turned out to be.
What do you love to do outside of work?
Spending time in warm weather climates, coaching lacrosse, and relaxing with family and good friends.
- 25+ years of financial service experience, including at Bank of America, Wheat First Butcher Singer, and BB&T Capital Markets
- Leading the institutional sales unit and equity research committee of Davenport & Co., where he also served on the Board of Directors
Education & accreditations
- A. in History, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Program Director, Geronimo Lacrosse in Richmond, VA
- Richmond Chapter Board Member, US Lacrosse
- Director, Amped Lax (a high school select lacrosse program in Richmond, VA)
- Board of Directors Member, Lacrosse the Nations (a national non-profit that provides outreach to underprivileged youth in Central America)
- Board of Trustees Member, Virginia Aquarium
- Investment Committee Member, Collegiate School in Richmond, VA
- Finance Advisory Council Member, Virginia Commonwealth University Business School
- Endowment Board Member, St. Paul’s Church